Greg Goldman | South Bethany Real Estate and Homes for Sale
You’ll find some of the cleanest, most peaceful guarded beaches in the East Coast here in South Bethany. And that’s not all.The town also boasts a five-mile network of canals that flow out into a bay,as well as scenic walking trails.
With an estimated population of less than 500, South Bethany has a land area of just over half a square mile. Serene and uncrowded, it is truly “the best little beach in Delaware.”
South Bethany Real Estate – Homes for Sale in South Bethany, DE
There’s an eclectic selection of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos to choose from in South Bethany. According to the town, it’s home to more than 1,300 properties and has “less than 175 undeveloped lots remaining.” The community is primarily residential.
- Sea Colony
Composed of 11 buildings (nine high rise and two low rise), Sea Colony is a family-friendly tennis resort community with over 34 courts,12 pools, and several fitness centers. Owners and visitors also have half a mile of shoreline to themselves, where they may indulge in relaxing beach activities in the safety of a private guarded resort.
Sea Colony-East is on the beach and offers condos and townhomes as well as a sprinkling of single-family homes. Sea Colony-West is located west of Route 1 and features townhomes and single-family homes.
- Other communities in South Bethany include Cat Hill, Sandpiper Pines, and South Bethany Harbor. The last has a good selection of canal-front homes.
More on South Bethany
- The town used to be part of South Petherton, a land patent granted in 1695.
- Once a sleepy farming community, the area would become the South Bethany that we know today in the 1950s. This was when Richard and Elizabeth Hall bought around 130 acres from the Delaware Land Shore Corporation, named the area South Bethany, and sold lots to folks who wanted to have their own coastal vacation home.
- There were over 500 property owners in South Bethany by 1959. The town was incorporated on June 18, 1969.
- The communities of York Beach and Paradise Shores were annexed to South Bethany in 1972.
- In 1987, Cat Hill became part of South Bethany.
Shop and Dine
- Sate your appetite for sushi at Misaki. The restaurant is a hit among locals and tourists. Some of their specialties include Shin’s Sashimi Tower and deep-fried mac and cheese with Alaskan crab meat. Misaki also serves alcohol, and Thursdays are Ladies’ Night.
- For traditional oven fresh pizza, try Grotto Pizza. Their menu also offers pasta, burgers, and wings.
- Get the day’s catch at South Bethany Seafood Market. The restaurant serves fresh fish. Feast on hot steamed crabs and lobster tails.
- York Beach Mall has a selection of restaurants and shops.
- B&R Bait Tackle & Hunting sells outdoor gear and everything you’ll need for a boating trip.
- Sea Level Designs has beach-themed home furnishings. You’ll find nautical lamps, ocean inspired wall clocks, throw pillows with a piscine theme, and so on.
South Bethany Homes for Sale
Whether you’re looking for a summer getaway or a permanent home, South Bethany has plenty to offer. If you think this coastal town is for you, browse our website for more information. You can also give me a call at 302-581-9811 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.