Greg Goldman | Millville Real Estate and Homes for Sale
The town of Millville is situated on Route 26, directly west of Ocean View. It’s considered something of a bedroom community for nearby beach towns like Bethany Beach, which is no more than a 10-minute drive away. Tranquil and off the beaten path, itis becoming a destination in its own right.
As in other communities in the Delaware beaches region, Millville’s population swells during the summer and contracts in the fall and winter.Imbued with a small-town vibe, the community willwelcome youthroughout the year.
Millville Real Estate – Homes for Sale in Millville, DE
Housing options in Millville include single-family homes and townhomes as well as condos and land. There are several private communities such as White’s Creek Manor and Coventry at Barrington Park, and newer developments like Bishops Landing and Millville by the Sea.
- Bishops Landing
Take your pick from ocean villas, beach villas and single-family homes. The beach is minutes away, and a shuttle service will take you all the way to downtown Bethany Beach if the community’s Olympic-size pool is too small for you.
- Millville by the Sea
Located just four miles away from Bethany Beach, Millville by the Sea is a private, non-age-restricted community for retirees, whoenjoy exclusive access to outdoor pools and a fitness center.
A splendid lake provides opportunities for fishing and paddle boarding. Miles of biking and walking trails weave through the community’s parks and ponds.
More on Millville
- Millville is located in an area that was once known (and is still sometimes referred to) as the Baltimore Hundred.
- An agricultural community, it grew around a steam mill that Capt. Peter Townsend operated in the 19th century.
- Ship captains, watermen, farmers, and their families – most of whom had been in the area for generations –incorporated the town in 1907.
- In 1910, the town had a population of over 200, which remained largely unchanged until just a few years back. By 2014, the population had grown to more than 570.
- Millville is adjacent to Holts Landing State Park, which has an area that encompasses over 200 acres.This bayside park is home to the only pier in the region that’s been designed for crabbing.
- The town is also close to the Cripple Creek Golf & Country Club and its par 72 course. Designed by Algie Pulley, the course has been one of the best-loved golf courses in the state since it first opened its doors in 1984.
Shop and Dine
- Drop by Fox’s Pizza Den for Steak Rancher or taco pizza. If neither hits the spot, you can make your own from a variety of toppings and sauces.
- Come to Taco Taco for quality, inexpensive food. All orders come with rice and beans.
- Visit Hooked Up Ale House & Raw Bar for some ice-cold beer and live music.
- Nearby White Marlin Mall has retailers like Bath & Body Works and Park Place Jewelers.
- Tanger Outlet features a number of brand name retailers and designer outlet stores.
Millville Homes for Sale
Is Millville’s small-town warmth for you? If you want to buy a permanent or vacation home in the area, you can preview what’s available here. You can also get in touch with me at 302-581-9811 or shoot me an email at email@example.com.